Sunday, December 8, 2013

Results of November 2013 Goals

I vowed to make measurable goals at the beginning of each month and revisit them at the end of each month to hold myself accountable and see how my progress is going. In a previous post I made my first set of goals for the month of November 2013. I will now list and revisit these goals. 


Health & Weight Loss Goals for November 2013:
Daily
Drink 130 ounces of water    achieved 3 weeks out of the month, note to self, create spreadsheet or log that will allow me to record specific data regarding how many ounces taken daily OR take the time to write down what is logged in my "Water You Body" app for android phones. 

Consume at least 3 servings of vegetables  honestly I don't know if I made this goal, note to self: again, create a spreadsheet or food log that keeps track or my specific intake OR see if I can access my exact foods eaten daily in Noom app for my android phone. I don't think I can so I will need a back up.

Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night   I tried. I will add this category to my food log idea.
Eat as clean as possible    Given that I had a tonsillectomy the last week in November I basically didn't eat anything, let alone clean. Geesh looks like I have to go back to the drawing board.

Use Noom to log all meals and snacks eaten   I did keep track of my meals and calories consumed daily in Noom. It is a very helpful tool. Again, after my tonsils were taken out my world kind of stopped for a week. 

Weekly
Exercise 3 to 5 times for 30 minutes or more each session (Cardio)  yes minus week 4 of Novmeber

Exercise at least 2 times (Strength training)  I don't know. I will have to log my workouts. There is an option on my Noom phone app to log workouts. Again, I don't know if there is a way to access each day at the end of the month or if it just compiles everything into a chart. 

Dine out 1< time  definitely not. :-(

General Goals for November
Get fitted for and begin using sleep apnea machine   Didn't make it this far. I was referred to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor who advised that I have my tonsils removed because my sleep apnea is an obstructed type versus needing oxygen for brain functioning. I'm still in the process of healing and my tonsil area needed a second surgery because of clotting and not scabbing over properly. The doctor did say that this was about a 50-75% chance that it would stop my snoring. We may have to revisit the apnea machine later. 

Lose 8-10 lbs total  Duhhhh Karla. I don't even really know what my weight was when I began the goals for the month. I believe I had crept back up to 280. Yes my doctor appointment at the beginning of the month was 280. I then went down to 274 at my next visit, 270 at the end of the month. So, 280-270= 10 lbs lost in November!! This was THE ONLY goal that I can VERIFY that I met. I am mad that I had actually gained weight over the summer and ended up 4 pounds shy of what I was when I began all of this. Focusing on the positive, I am not there anymore and lost an astounding amount this month!

SUMMARY OF NOV. 2013 GOALS

I made a total of 10 goals. 

Daily Goals Achieved: 2/5 achieved 2 goals partially out of the 5 made

Weekly Goals Achieved: 1/5 achieved. 1 was partially achieved

General Monthly goals: 1/2 achieved. 1 goal was a success I actually went 3 lbs over my goal. woo

No comments:

Post a Comment